Monday, January 10, 2011

Cake Balls in Atlanta

This is my first official post. Yay Me !  I started Cake balls by Nikki  last year and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Every since i started creating cake balls in Atlanta as a business, I have met so many wonderful people . I never would have thought my Journey in life would have me starting a business as a pastry chef. Although I don't have formal training, I am a chef according to the definition of the word " Chef” ( Chef: a professional cook) .  Life is so crazy. I moved to Atlanta in 2000 to pursue a dream as a fashion stylist/ designer. I was pretty fly back in the day. I am still fly but I consider myself country cool.  I’m sure you’re wondering what happen to my career in fashion?  Well, after attending Bauder College for one year then transferring to AIU in Buckhead and falling in love I lost my interest in fashion.  Losing my interest for fashion didn’t stop my zeal for business. I have always wanted my own business. That dream started at the age of 12 when me and my cousins use to sell flowers to our neighbors.


  So here I am almost a decade later, making my claim to fame here in Atlanta and hopefully nationwide as a cake ball baker. ( Wow)

I say cake ball baker because I must admit I can't decorate a cake or cupcake worth a D$#. For some strange reason I have paved my little niche in the world in the form of Cake Balls.  I have met Cake Designers artist and pastry chefs who have told me that my Cake balls are the best thing they have ever tasted. I wish you could know how their words touch my heart. 

Although I appreciate all compliments, it means a lot when they say something good about my baking. My best compliments by far are the facial expression I see after someone has taken their first bite of my cake ball creations. I want to say thank you and i am looking forward to serving my cake balls in Atlanta and beyond. Until next time ! Over and out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment